Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pauses and Delays

Did you ever feel like everything in life was on hold? Not that I'm really doing anything, but it seems like everyone around me who is keeps running into little roadblocks or something.

Like Alex and Jenn, who first ran into a liquor license delay, and then got screwed by some gas pipe under the parking lot that no one seemed to know was there until after that explosion in California, when suddenly people got crazy vigilant and started scanning all kinds of old plans and things. The pipe by REU turned out to be nothing, but they still had to have it dug up, and then a new inspection, which all together lost them two weeks. There's still going to be an Open House there for Hallowe'en, but it looks like no official opening until right before Thanksgiving which, come hell or high water (and please no high water! my yard can't take any more!) they will be serving and which I am planning to eat!

I was going to go with Jeff, but there's another glitch for you! Some kind of FU in his off-shore setup so he's off to Manila again and may not be back in time. I hate that he has to go halfway across the globe and work 24/7.
He sounds so tired of it all, like he'd just rather walk away but he can't afford to. There better be a major payday for him at the end of all this! I swear if there isn't, I may have to see if Horst has any old wrestling friends who might feel like burning off some righteous anger, if you know what I mean. Ahem.

Speaking of Horst, I guess this is as good a time as any to admit that he flew in week before last and we spent some, um, quality time. High quality time, actually. It was really nice. And it's not that he lead me on or anything, but I guess I didn't realize he'd planned to spend most of next year in Tuscany doing wine things and when I did, I was a little infantile about it and we had a major blowup. So yeah, that glitch was mine and since I caused it, you could say it was all mine. It's not that I'm looking for a relationship, but I guess I'm not good at being told I can't have one either.

On the bright side, it looks like Ken may actually be going ahead with his CBGB film, and if he does they're going to shoot the whole thing in New York. Even though they'll have to turn some club under the Williamsburg Bridge into CBGB's to do it. Still, it would be a lot of fun to have it going on, and a great excuse for Maggs to spend months in tow. Maggs says he might even give me one of those expert/consultant jobs on it. Okay, it wouldn't be til summer of 2012, but it's nice to have something to look forward do that hasn't yet been messed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment