Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's All Relative, Isn't It?

All I wanted to do today was take a long walk, because the sky was blue, enough of the snow is melted to see pavement and the temperature was above freezing for the first time in over a week. If the temperature was 34˚ in May, I’d be turning back to the house after a block. But it’s March and it felt really good to be able to walk. I walked all the way to the thrift store, but I didn’t go in because I didn’t want to go shopping, not even in a thrift store. I got a cup of coffee at the pizza place. It was pretty burnt but it was hot, which is what I wanted. And I kept walking. I must have walked three miles. It just felt good, to be out in the air and get some sun on my face, and to walk fast, the way I do in the city. That’s something I miss a lot, walking everywhere. It wasn’t even on my list of things I’d miss, but I do.

I have no idea how to make this into 3 good things, Jeff, but this is what I did today that made me feel like me. Then I got home and had to deal with some stuff that didn’t, so I’m not going to write about it, not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment